Tuesday 5 May 2020

Am I too old to play with.......

I am by nature a very creative person and when I find something I like, I really throw myself into it, for a while anyway, regardless of how much space it takes up. My current fixation is dolls houses, although my husband says it’s an obsession.  Ok, I’ll accept that, I have a tiny little obsession with grown up dolls houses. Since I was a little girl I wanted a dolls house of my own, but not one that was already perfect, I wanted one that needed doing up. Just like my mum did when she was a child, I would make furniture from match boxes with split pins for drawer knobs and the like, whatever I could make use of. Finally while I was in secondary school,  my dad brought one home he’d found at the local tip. It needed a lot of work. The first thing I wanted to know was, ‘will the roof open?’. It didn’t,  that never stopped me from taking a screwdriver to it. Now 25 years later, I have a creative space that is currently home to a considerable number of doll's houses, some in better condition than others. This, I hope, will be a life long creative obsession. Come along and join me in my journey of trial and error in a miniature world.

No comments:

Post a Comment